Monday, June 1, 2009

Outgrowing the fussies!

I feel like Petra is outgrowing her fussiness!! She's been kind of a difficult baby since around 2w. She would cry a lot, and I couldn't really put her down for more than a few minutes. Or even hold her on my lap-- you had to be holding her while standing up! I know you can't spoil a newborn, but there were definitely times when I thought maybe I'm causing this. People would want to see her or have me bring her by, but it wasn't much fun for any of us when she'd just cry the whole time!

But I really feel like we've turned a corner. She is still fussy, but it seems like her happy times are longer. We actually went to Target today with NO meltdowns in the car seat and only a short bout of crying at the store. That is MAJOR!! I used to really not even want to leave the house with her because of the crying.

I think it is mainly because her vision has improved and now she can see stuff. She also is more interested in toys and playing, so I can sort of distract her.

Funny if she'd been in daycare, I probably would have credited them! She has about a month before she starts, so I'll at least get to enjoy her more now that we're home together!

I have a phone interview tomorrow with a job I'm really interested in, so I hope it goes well!! I am feeling like it is time to go back, though I really wish part time were more of an option.

Oh and sleep update: Unswaddled in her crib and last night she was pretty much NORMAL! She slept until about 3:30 and then was up at 6! I just hope it repeats!!

In the bumbo with coleus-- both from Mark's grandma.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you're attempting to lose fat then you certainly have to start following this brand new custom keto diet.

To produce this keto diet service, certified nutritionists, personal trainers, and top chefs have united to develop keto meal plans that are efficient, convenient, economically-efficient, and delicious.

Since their first launch in early 2019, hundreds of people have already transformed their body and well-being with the benefits a smart keto diet can give.

Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-tested ones provided by the keto diet.