Tuesday, March 17, 2009

sleep begets sleep


I think we are REALLY lucky-- this baby is a GREAT sleeper! There have been several nights where she has slept in 4+ hour stretches, wakes up to eat, and goes right back to sleep. And last night she pretty much slept through the night! She was out from 10:30 - 5 am. I'm not necessarily expecting a repeat, but it seems like she'll be one of these babies who sleeps through the night early on.

That said, I do get tired in the evening. She seems to want to nurse almost every hour after 5 pm, but I try to be patient, since I know I'll get my break at night.

3 comments:

SmartAssMom said...

Sweet picture! Glad things are going well!

Ariella said...

I am glad she is such a good sleeper. Riley was never consistent about sleep some nights were great others sucked, but one thing remained the same he always wanted to nurse every hour from 5 pm on. It is very normal in BF babies.

I am happy to hear things are going well with breastfeeding. It is by far the most challenging part of motherhood for me.

shiner said...

That is so great! I hope mine will be the same way. I did not know about the wanting to feed every hour from 5pm on. They didn't tell me that in the classes I took. Thanks for sharing:o>