Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Halfway!

20 weeks! I'm halfway through my pregnancy. I can't believe it! I'm halfway to meeting my little girl and changing my life forever! :) I felt her from the outside yesterday, but it still isn't consistent enough for Mark to feel her. Maybe another week or 2?

Mark's parents are here this week, so we've also been thinking more about the nursery. We decided on a theme-- Parisian Poodles! His mom is making us an adorable crib quilt, so we chose some fabrics over the weekend. She's very talented, so I can't wait to see how it turns out. We're going with pink, chocolate, cream, and light green for colors.

I also scored a good deal on a crib off Craig's List and ordered an adorable Eiffel tower lamp from Target.com. I think I'm going to dress up the shade with pom poms. We're still in the early stages, but I can see how it will come together.

4 comments:

shiner said...

OMG that sounds so precious and classy...I can not wait to see it! All of it!

So what did it feel like when you felt her, a jolt or bump?

andrea said...

Congrats on being halfway!! Your nursery sounds so cute. My wedding colors were light pink and green...and there are so many different things you can do with that theme. I love Paris!

Sasha & Mark said...

Thanks Ladies!

Many people talk about "flutters" which I really didn't feel. It was more like a thump or bump from the inside-- like a goldfish in a bag? I don't know exactly-- it took me awhile to even realize that it was for sure a kick. It still only happens once or twice and then nothing!

Ariella said...

I love the theme idea, I think that will make a great baby girl room. Congrats about making it 1/2 way!