Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'm 31 today!!

Wow-- a lot has changed in a year. I had really hoped it would. I remember turning 30 last year and feeling like it really sucked. We were about to make some big changes with moving from CA, but I had felt so stagnant for so long. I hated my job, was infertile and not pregnant after almost 2 years, and we weren't homeowners (which I had been wanting even longer than a baby!).

I'm just happy to have made such fun changes over the past year. We took our big trip/vacation, have a beautiful home, a baby on the way, and though I still hate my job-- things are looking up.

I wore a very obvious shirt today and told people here. One guy said he had guessed already! I guess I'm not as discreet as I thought! It has been fun getting to share the news all over again. I even got an offer for some free baby stuff-- I'll take it! Yay! Happy Birthday to me!!

We had a great visit with Mark's brother and family in CA. We went to our favorite restaurants as well as the pool, the park, and the jungle (indoor playground)! Their lives are very baby/kid-focused, which is fun now, but would have been torture about a year ago. I don't know what it is about IF, but it just makes you feel like you will never have that happiness and being around babies is somehow painful?

Tonight we're going out to dinner at our favorite Mexican place. Yummy!! No margaritas for me, but I won't feel the least bit guilty about getting the amazing Queso-dip! :)

4 comments:

Ariella said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Jody jsusann said...

Yay!!!! Happy Birthday to YOU! I think when you are pregnant you begin to really reflect on life before. I know I do...in fact, every single night with my insomnia. I lie there and think about how lucky I am. I am so happy for you, you are embarking on a miraculous journey of motherhood. You just wait, when you turn 32, you will be amazed at how different things are...for the most WONDERFUL!!! Enjoy the queso...I LOVE that stuff! : )))

shiner said...

Happy Birthday! I would love to be 31 again! You are so right about being around babies. It is still hard for me right now and I think it will be until I deliver. I can be around my oldest niece but I can barely even look at the one that was born w/in a week of when I would have had my baby. I hope you have a great evening. I would love a margarita on the rocks with no salt right now

andrea said...

Happy Birthday!! You are so young ;-)