Tuesday, October 28, 2008

First birthing class last night

Mark and I had our first birthing class last night. Our teacher is great and all the couples were super-nice. I was a little concerned that I was taking this too early, but everyone else was about the same stage, and with the holidays coming-- it is probably better to start sooner.

We met another couple who also likes rock climbing, so we talked about trading off babysitting duties at the climbing gym once we are recovered! I actually recognized the mom-to-be from my history of science class at NC State. I would love to get back into climbing at some point.

Last night we just went over general stuff and talked about the "pain cycle" Fear->Tension->Pain->Fear and what techniques we could use to break it. She provides all info, but I think she really promotes breastfeeding and only using meds in special cases.

Anyway, I think the class is going to be really nice and helpful. I kind of feel like I'm dragging Mark to it, but he's been really great and supportive.

2 comments:

andrea said...

I would really like to start my classes too, but DH is going out of town so much we can't find a class that will work. So, I think we are taking the online class now! I really like bonding with pg ladies at yoga, so I am bummed to miss out on more opportunities. Hope you learn some useful stuff. Reading the books is scaring me more than anything right now!

shiner said...

That sounds great, Sasha. I am glad everything went so well. I have considered taking a class just in case something happens and I go into labor early. I bet Mark is proud to be a part of whatever involves his girls.