Thursday, October 30, 2008

*saw* a kick! & OB appt.

When I was at the OB's office today waiting, I actually saw a kick under my sweater! I couldn't believe it-- she's getting so big and strong. My 25w appt went great, so just going back in 3 weeks for my glucose test.

I asked her about this horrible rib pain (which I am feeling right now-- OUCH!), and she really didn't say what I could do for it, just that it was probably caused by things getting squished in there and the baby might move and relieve it. I'm going to ask my birthing class instructor and maybe try out a chiropractor.

I read about it in Belly Laughs recently and she actually had 2 ribs pop out! The chiropractor popped them back in, but they just popped out again, so I'm not sure if there is anything to be done, except suffer! It does feel better if I lay on my left side or on the weekend when I'm not sitting for hours. Oh well, now I won't feel like such a cheater when I go on disability at 36 weeks!!

2 comments:

Ariella said...

I had lots of rib pain too. It has gone away for the most part though and I hope yours does too.

shiner said...

So glad everything went well at the 25w (I can't believe you're that far) seems like yesterday we did the radio show and you were 6 weeks. I am sorry you are in so much pain. I have never heard of a rib popping out...omg - worth it but omg that just sounds scary. I hope you'll get some releif soon.