Friday, December 12, 2008

Look back Lulu!

At my last appt, the midwife thought my baby was posterior. She had a hard time finding the heartbeat, and when she did-- it was low, but she had to poke in. And this is so cute-- I can feel her little hands moving around my pubic bone like little bubbles. So good news-- baby is head down and hopefully will stay that way. But, I've been reading more about posterior babies, and it definitely sounds like a harder, longer birth with more medical interventions. I'll miss you little hands, but you need to turn around!

The midwife said it was early and not to worry, but Lulu is definitely comfortable where she is-- so I'm going to try to be more conscious about sitting up straight and leaning forward for awhile, which is good for me anyway.

3 comments:

shiner said...

Oh goodie, longer harder labor. That's okay though at least she's head down. My placenta is on the front of my uterus instead of the back. Is that the same thing?

Sasha & Mark said...

I don't think so-- it just means if she were to be born as she is, she'd come out and we'd see her face instead of the back of her head.

Clar said...

Oh my gosh, you are so beautiful. I have been in my own world since August and have now emerged. Congratulations! I hope everything continues to go well. My schedule is as open as a 7eleven...so please email me if you have time for lunch. Take care,
ClarLynda