Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Weird PG stuff @ 33w

Some stuff that I've noticed lately...

1. I just feel awful if I lay on my back or even recline in bed to read. I know there is some artery that the weight of the uterus cuts off. I can't imagine laying on my back for labor-- there's a reason other cultures squat!

2. I have been feeling Lulu hiccup! At least that's what I think she's doing...? I feel these little tiny rhythmic taps, down low by my pelvic bone 1-2 times per day. So cute!

3. I've been doing "kick counts" (sort of). Some days, I just KNOW she's moving around a lot, so I don't really bother counting it, but just think she's good in there. Hopefully I won't get yelled at that my card isn't filled out!

4. I'm low on iron (STILL). Maybe this is related to why I feel so awful on my back? I'm already on a supplement, but I guess it isn't absorbing like it should. I'm right on the borderline, but I really need to get it in check. So I'm eating Total cereal and taking my supplement mid-day with OJ.

5. I think Lulu's still posterior. They keep saying she's too small to tell, but they'll check her position at the next appointment (34w). I'm 99% sure she's head down, but I do still feel her hands in the front now and then.

I only have 50 more days left-- seems long and short at the same time! I can't wait to meet her, though. Mark has been playing guitar for her and singing lullabies quite a bit lately-- usually Dream a Little Dream of Me :)

2 comments:

andrea said...

Last week at birthing class, my instructor said a lady spent the whole weekend on her hands and knees in order to get her baby to turn so he wouldn't be posterior. Just a suggestion (I am joking, well, half joking, how desparate are you??)

50 days seems lot a long time, but 33 weeks seems so close. My BFFs had their first babies at 32 and 34 weeks... I keep thinking it could be any day!!

shiner said...

Oh, I am sorry you don't feel good. I can't believe you are almost there. So happy for you.