Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving & last class

Thanksgiving was great! We went down to Atlanta to see my family. We flew down, which was probably easier on me than driving. Dinner was great, and my niece and nephew were so excited about Lulu (what they call the baby)! I think everyone got to feel her kick. My sister hired a photographer to do some family shots, so we got a few pictures (see proof).

We had our last birthing class, and things were more focused on infant care and being a new parent. I honestly can't wait to meet our daughter, but I am also expecting it to be pretty hard. The first month or so when she doesn't even smile, but just NEEDS the whole time would have to be rough. Plus, dealing with the sleep deprivation and just physically recovering from pregnancy and all those hormones.

I also have noticed my feet are getting a little swollen! They don't hurt and aren't too bad, so I was shocked to look down one day and notice I couldn't really see the tendons in my feet like usual! I have been trying to put them up at work, which seems to be helping.

2 comments:

shiner said...

You look great! I can say that, too cuz I saw you in person just yesterday. I went to lunch with a friend today that said I don't even look pregnant just like I have "gained weight all over" Um....thanks! You'll do great those first few months but I bet things are getting a lot more real now.

andrea said...

Talking to my neice and nephew about being pregnant was my favorite part of thanksgiving! they asked questions like "does the baby come out the top or bottom?" and kept trying to look down my shirt to see the baby!! I'm glad you had a good thanksgiving too!