Tuesday, May 5, 2009

on demand...

I've been feeding on demand since Day 1, and in the beginning it was tough. Can she really be hungry AGAIN?! But I've gotten much better at reading her hunger cues and knowing when she needs the boob, which isn't as often as it used to be. She doesn't take a paci, so I use it to comfort her sometimes and she loves falling asleep while/after nursing. This is all fine for me now, but I was starting to worry about how anyone else would be able to take care of her?!

But you know, when mom isn't around, she knows the boobs aren't either! She will take a paci from Daddy and even tolerate being put to sleep without too much complaining. I think it is a little more difficult for her without me, but not impossible. So hopefully if/when I go back to work, she'll adjust.

4 comments:

Open Roads Mama said...

wow, isn't it amazing!

Unknown said...

i'm a bit daunted by the thought of on demand boobage!!!

shiner said...

I swore I would not feed on demand but that is alll I do. I simply can't stand to not feed her if there is even a possibility she is hungry. They are little manipulators though;o> Mine won't take a bottle from me but will from everyone else. Claire won't take a paci either.

Ariella said...

She will adjust when you go back to work. I am glad your hubby can soothe her, it is hard on the guys when they can't.