Monday, May 18, 2009

We survived!

Last week was the 3 month growth spurt, I think?! She was impossible!! She was hardly sleeping, incredibly fussy, and overall a very difficult week. I was thinking this is the new her?!

I thought it would never end and I'd have to get used to being sleep deprived and not getting anything done during the day. I wish I would have posted last week because it was hard, Hard, HARD! And I know I will never remember it and go through the same crisis next month when she has "the 4 month wakeful period"!

I was so relieved when Sunday she decided to take a long nap and even STTN last night!!! (8-7!) Whew! I'm not expecting a repeat, but yay for Miss P!! I got decent sleep until I woke up at 4 am worried about her- I finally got back to sleep at 5 am when I checked to make sure she was still breathing. Paranoid mommy!

As good of a sleeper as she is, she's back to sleeping in her swing. Hmmmm...so I need to get her back in the crib. I am not going to force the issue and honestly I don't even care if she keeps sleeping in the swing, but it makes taking her places difficult because she won't nap longer than 20 min. when laying on a flat surface. We'll get there...

1 comment:

shiner said...

I feel your pain! Claire has yet to sleep through the night. Is what you described P as last week ALL THE TIME unles I am holding her because of the reflux and colic. She never sleeps for more than 2 - 3 hours at a time and will not let ANYONE else BUT ME soothe her. On top of that she is sleeping on a wedge in our bed. We are breaking all the rules. Oh well - like you said - we'll get there:o>