Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"Talking" Petra

I'm unemployed and looking for a job right now, which is a little hard with a 3 month old! I just got a call that her daycare is avail at the end of June and there probably won't be a space until next year! So we'll probably put her in and HOPE I have a job by then or within a few months. Otherwise, we may take her out if the job market isn't looking so good.

Actually end of June would be pretty ideal for me to go back. I'm feeling ready, though I know it will be REALLY HARD to leave her every day, especially now that they are getting so fun and interactive. I feel like Petra grows so much every day. Lately she's been "talking" a lot and cooing at everything/everyone! I feel like the past few days it was hard to get her to nap because she is so interested in the world around her! But then she gets sooo fussy and tired.

I think today was the first day she realized I am the one who feeds her. She latched on and was staring right into my eyes and then broke out in a huge smile and then was sucking and staring at me. So cute! Normally she just sucks and doesn't seem to really notice anything else.

Here's her Talking video:
Petra Talking

1 comment:

Open Roads Mama said...

too bad you have to go back to work already, but we have to face it here too, sooner or later. I'm still at that feeding stage where the baby usually closes his eyes without really knowing or probably caring who's provading all that food... looking forward to that special 'know' moment ;)