Tuesday, November 11, 2008

3rd TRI & daycare search begins...

Oh my! I'm in the 3rd trimester! Wow-- I remember thinking time was going by so slowly in my 1st tri and I just wanted to get through the scary stuff. This pregnancy is going by quickly in some ways, but I'm trying to savor every moment! I read someplace that "no one thinks they are cute when they are pregnant" Ummm-- I hope this isn't braggy, but I DO! I love how I look!

I'm doing a few daycare tours on Friday. We'll probably start her in June (4 months). I have been dragging on getting that done, and one of them already doesn't have any spots until August/September. But it is one of the pricier ones and probably not worth it. I was also really interested in a home daycare, but they told me to call back after the baby was born. So I'll probably reserve a spot at a center, but also look into home care after the baby is born.

I also went to a conference last week for Society of Women Engineers-- there was a session on Off-Ramp/On-Ramp your career. Taking time off for child care or elder-care or anything and then coming back. Even if I took longer than the standard 3 months, I know I would want to come back to work. It is something that I think about-- taking off a few years or even going part time, especially since I hate my job so much! It will be hard to leave my baby and come to work at this job and feel motivated/productive. Hopefully I'll find something relatively quickly after my maternity leave! There's also a chance I will be laid off, which would be a gift!

Also everyone at the conference was telling me I look small! I feel big, but this baby has to grow over 3x her size, so I guess I'm glad I'm not huge yet!

1 comment:

Jody jsusann said...

And you DO look cute!!! I love it! Don't rule out getting laid off (as sad as that sounds). Almost a full year to the day I went back to work after maternity leave, I got laid off. I was thrilled! : )))
I also have a friend who is looking for daycare but needs it now. It's hard but my advice is to look online. Your state may have a listing of all certified daycare centers. When I was working I found ours online and sat at work and called every single one on the list. I eventually found one for Lilly....and then I got laid off. Ha! My sister had watched Lilly for the year I worked and then had to stop. That's why I was trying to find one. It was a dream come true to get let go. Good luck, Trinny!!!