Thursday, November 20, 2008

Nursery in progress...


So we got everything set up in there, but there's still quite a bit to do! We've got all the basic furniture, but we need to cute it up and get some color. I have some fabric for window valences and Mark is going to do a mural of the Eiffel Tower. And we have some pictures to hang too. My mom had a cute idea of making wall letters that say Bebe (french for baby) until we're ready for the name.

The only thing that might change is the rocker. It is a family heirloom from my side. I think it is fine, but Mark thinks it is going to break since it is very creaky and might even wake the baby. I don't really want to buy something else, but I can see his point. If it stays, I might also want to paint it white, since the blond is a little out of place. My mom is also making a pad for it.

We figured we'd leave the single bed in there for late nights when she is up a lot. It was mine when I was a little girl.

2 comments:

shiner said...

This is going to be too cute, I can't wait! Where do the french poodles come it? Are they part of the bedding? The single bed is great, you'll certainly need it.

Sasha & Mark said...

The fabric for our valences is poodles! Yes, it will be in the quilt, and I'll probably also get some other toys and accessories.