Sunday, August 10, 2008

baby belly where are you?

I have definitely outgrown my regular pants and skirts, but I still don't really look pregnant. Well, to anyone who doesn't know I'm pregnant.

I have bought like 1 pair of maternity jeans since they were recommended and on sale, but I haven't worn them yet. And in some ways I am saving most maternity purchases for fall so I don't need 2 seasons of clothes. My bella band has been getting me by for now.

But I went shopping to look for a skirt to wear now and later and the salesperson was like "Oh, you know this is the maternity section." Yes, I know-- this little pudge on my belly is baby... eventually. Didn't matter-- it was too big anyway!

Then I went to Motherhood Maternity store. I tried on a skirt (way too big!) and then had fun with their little belted pillow which is supposed to add 3 months. I can't believe I'm going to look like that in 3 months, but I'm sure I will!

For now, I'm just on belly watch. People tell me ~17-20 weeks with the first baby, so another month at least!

3 comments:

Ariella said...

I think I finaly looked pg at about 17 weeks HOWEVER I could change an outfit and not look pg at all or look "really" pg as early as 15weeks. It just depended on what I was wearing. I am sure you will get the full belly soon!

shiner said...

I think you are really lucky. My stuff is already getting tight. I can't decide if it is because I have been eating alot beacause I want my numbers to keep doubling or if it was the week I spent in bed. I can still wear most of my jeans and pants but they are starting to get snug already and that is a little intimidating.

andrea said...

That little pillow only adds 3 months? crap... I am so huge already, not bumpilicious, but just fat. I'm wondering if anything is going to fit in 4-5 months. I'll trade you!