Friday, August 8, 2008

2nd OB appt-- GRRR!!!

I went in yesterday for my second OB. They told me I would have an ultrasound. I had my mom come with me this time, and even took the day off of work. Well, I'm now over 13 weeks (YAY! Baby is the size of a peach!), and I know I am coming to the end of the window for my NT scan ultrasound. The NT scan is one way they check the baby for genetic defects-- and there is only a narrow window when it can be done.

Anyway I called on Wednesday to make sure the u/s was going to include the NT. The nurse tells me no-- it is just my regular OB u/s to date the pregnancy. (Mind you-- I've already had 2 of these at my fertility clinic). Anyway, she says it is fine to do testing up to 16 w. Okay. whatever. Some people don't even get this test.

So I get in yesterday and they ask-- Aren't you going to do first tri screening??? I told them what happened yesterday, and she said OH-- if you had come this morning we could have done it, but now the tech is no longer here. Fortunately, they called around and found a place to squeeze me in on Monday. So no ultrasound at all yesterday, since I'm getting one on Monday.

I'm not mad, just a little irritated that I KNEW this would happen and wasn't listened to and that my mom spent her precious energy coming with me and didn't get to see the baby. I guess I'll just have to push more in the future. And I think I'm done with all the initial starting stuff now, so I'm just doing my 1 per month appointments. My next is 9/4-- 1 day after I turn 31!

3 comments:

andrea said...

I'm sorry your mom missed the u/s! I was just going to say that for NT scan they told me to bring a VCR tape. Maybe yours will have the same option?

shiner said...

I'm sorry you're disappointed, I would be too. Glad they worked you in to make up for it though. So I know you've bought some maternity clothes but have you started showing or just grown out of your regular pants?

Sasha & Mark said...

They didn't say anything about a video, but it is at another office..?

I'm going to blog on my lack of baby belly, but no-- I'm not really showing.