Thursday, July 31, 2008

1st OB Appt.

I had my first appt. at the OB's office. I'm so happy to say they were ON TIME, and I didn't feel like I was a number or being rushed through at all. I was a little worried about that, since it does seem to be a big practice.

Today it was just talking to the nurse and getting labwork. I go back in 1 week for an ultrasound and pap. They also weighed me-- I've gained ~7 lbs, which isn't great for the first tri, but not awful either. And I don't know exactly how much I weighed before IVF anyway...

They also said my due date is 2/11/09 (instead of 2/10), but I'm not going to bother to change my ticker or anything. It isn't like babies are born on their due date anyway!

I got a huge bag of stuff-- booklets, birth class info, free formula coupons, etc. And now Mark and I need to think about a few things... circumcision if it is a boy and whether to have a natural birth plan. It still feels like we have awhile to decide. I wouldn't let myself think about anything baby while we were trying, so it feels really strange to be getting into this.

3 comments:

shiner said...

Doesn't it feel awesome!? Are you going right next door to our clinic? when I decided to adopt and that I was finished w/ ART I went over there and saw Dr. G. She was really nice and extremely thorough.

Sasha & Mark said...

Yes! It is the clinic in the same building as ours. I have only seen the nurse Lucy so far-- they want to rotate you through everyone because it is just a draw at who is there when you deliver!

Unknown said...

my b-day is 02/10- you should make your baby come out on that date because it's obviuosly awesome- der!