Thursday, July 3, 2008

1st ultrasound

Everything went really well! We're measuring right on track-- 8 weeks. We saw the little heartbeat flickering (so cool!), and we even saw the baby wiggle a little, really cute. I'm still in disbelief that this baby we saw on the screen is actually *inside me*!! (BTW-- the little ball in the ultrasound is the yolk sac, which supports the baby until the placenta takes over)

I'm so relieved to know everything is okay. We go back July 21, and then it is on to the OB!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! That is so great. Take care of yourself and stay happy.

Terry Pell said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

Mama to be! said...

yay! Congrats! What a great looking u/s! I'm so happy you got to see the little bean :)

Ariella said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you both! Your u/s looks great! Hi little baby!

shiner said...

What a beautiful picture! I can't imaging what it felt like to see/hear the heartbeat but I bet it was just amamzing. I'll be waiting to hear more and like everyone else I am so happy for you!

Unknown said...

yaaay!!! congrats girl!!!
and i crash your computer?! yikes!!! sorry!! :)