Tuesday, July 8, 2008

9 weeks! & new nephew

Hard to believe I'm 9 weeks!! The baby is the size of a grape.

Today I'm feeling good, really good actually, and I'm just trying to go with it. I feel like last week's ultrasound gave me a little boost of confidence.

I only have 1 more ultrasound with Dr. T, and then I need to find an OB. I was planning to just go to the one upstairs from his office, but they are a super-busy baby mill. Yesterday I got lost in their phone menu maze, and finally got to a place to leave a message, and no one has called me back. That doesn't give me much confidence that they will be available for me. But I know they have talented doctors over there, and they deliver at the hospital I would probably want to be. I'll have to think about it...

In other news, I'm an aunt (again!). Mark's brother and his wife had their second son, Arthur Samuel born July 4th! So adorable. We're going out around Labor Day to visit. It was kind of tough for me to be around tiny babies for awhile, so I'm happy I can visit without any of those feelings.

6 comments:

shiner said...

So glad you are doing well. Thanks for the comments on my latest post...I'm trying! I never know wheather to answer there or on yours.

shiner said...

Can you please help me understand why I am a bad person because I do not want to be labelled "deadbabymama"? I really am new to blogging as we discussed when we did the radio show together. I had never blogged until I met you. I do not read "the nest" so maybe I am just not familiar with all the terminology used there. Is this a common name for women who have had miscarriages? If so, is it appropriate for women who have never had a miscarriage to label those who have as "deadbabymama"? Sorry to turn to you with all these questions but I was hoping you could help me understand. I just cant help thinking it is such a low rent term and I wanted to see what you thought.

Sasha & Mark said...

I looked back at your blog and didn't see the comment. Maybe you deleted it?! I would! What is wrong with people??!

Yikes! That sounds really horrible and insensitive. There have been some women who have had to go private with their blogs because of nasty comments. I hope this was just an isolated case-- I'm so sorry someone said that to you.

shiner said...

Thank you - but I am afraid I may have overreacted and sounded even worse than her. Ariella wrote a post that said she cold no longer read "deadbabymama" blogs. I took it to heart and responded on her blog. She and her friends have turned me into the bad girl for not liking the title. I shouldn't have responded but it cut me really deep, especially since I've been trying to figure out what to do with my grief. Sorry to involve you, that was probably wrong, too. I just can't get my head straight lately. Thanks again for your encouraging words, as always.

Sasha & Mark said...

Oh it's okay. I finally figured it out! For what its worth, I was a little shocked by that wording as well, but I guess that is the point-- to talk about the pain of a baby's death in a very brutal way.

shiner said...

I had just never heard that before. Then the fact that she had never even had a mc before made me think she wouldn't use that word if she had...but if others use it because it validates for them then I guess I understand. Again, sorry to have involved you I just couldn't make sense of it and I don't read the nest so I don't get it. Thanks, Sasha.