Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Told work

I'm in CA this week for work (and also visiting my nephews). This is the first time I've seen my manager in person since I found out I'm pregnant. I was a little nervous to tell him, but he was very nice about it. He gave me a big congratulations and thought the timing for my leave would be fine with the current project. We didn't get into too much about how long I would take or anything like that-- still need to talk to HR about that.

Anyway, after that I was free to tell everyone else, so I've been spilling the beans around the office. It has been really fun! Everyone is so happy for me and I think they can tell I'm BEAMING! :) And it is feeling even more real.

Also, I feel like I'm just starting to show now, especially with certain tops. I've also been wearing my super-comfy maternity jeans, although I still use the bella band to help keep them in place.

2 comments:

shiner said...

So glad it went well. You are just now showing? Gosh I feel huge but I am happy anyway. Is the bella band to keep your old jeans in place or the new maternity ones or both? I am still really scared to order anything since it is so early.

Ariella said...

I am glad it went well. Telling work is hard for a lot of people but it sounds like your job is going to be flexible about maternity leave too. Have a great three day weekend!