Monday, January 26, 2009

Bad Day :(

So I woke up yesterday and felt these little twitches on the left side of my face. Kinda weird, but I really didn't think much of it. I just figured the baby was pushing on a nerve or something funny. This morning I woke up and the left side of my tongue was a little numb. I googled around and figured out I have Bell's Palsy. I went to the OB today, and they confirmed it.

Fortunately, everything with the baby is just fine and this shouldn't affect her at all. I have a really mild case, since some people have paralysis on half their face. Mine is mostly twitching and my left eye is really dry. The doctor said it would likely clear up on its own. I just started getting scared because I don't know if this is the peak or I could wake up tomorrow with no expression on the left half of my face!

I keep telling myself this is all temporary and if this is the worst thing that happens to me during pregnancy, I'm doing pretty darn good. But I am also getting much more emotional and sensitive as the days get closer. I'm so glad I'm not working right now, but that leads me to my other bad news.

I have worked at my company for 6 years, meaning I should get 6 weeks of severance. However, I left my job in CA and became a casual employee for about 3 months until they asked me to come back full time. I never planned to come back, but I was specifically told not to quit until I got another job, so I could maintain my "years of service" if I ever did come back.

Well, you probably see where this is going-- they keep telling me I'm a "rehire" and I only get 4 weeks. I have denied my severance until I get some answers on this. But I just feel too emotional to call right now. And I feel this ticking clock that my baby could come any day now and I would really like to get this all resolved before then.

I'm just feeling overwhelmed by all of this, and certainly don't feel like the fighter I need to be. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow, and I can deal with it then.

3 comments:

SmartAssMom said...

I'm sorry, that is a bad day! Hope tomorrow is better.

Open Roads Mama said...

pregnancy does 'offer' many surprises, good and bad! I hope all goes well and you have your baby soon without any other 'issues' to deal with before she's here. All will be good, you'll see! I still have months to wait...

shiner said...

Oh Sasha, I am sorry you are going through this. I know it has to be scary about the Bells Palsy. If it is only a pregnancy thing though it'll work itself out in a couple of weeks, right? I think it is normal to be emotional right now. If you feel overwhelmed you may want to wait to handle the work thing but if it would just take a couple of phone calls and then that's off your plate, you may want to get it done. I wish I could help. Much love and (((hugs))) to you right now. You are in my prayers.