Sunday, January 25, 2009

My DIY Projects: boppy & nursing cover

I finished more DIY stuff, and this may be it... I made a boppy cover and a "hooter hider" with some leftover fabric.

For the boppy, I just cut up the old cover to make a pattern. I had bought it on consignment, so I didn't really like it anyway. It was really simple, and I actually had a lot of fun making it! The fabric is brown/pink damask on one side and this cute Eiffel Tower fabric on the other.



For the hooter hider, I used the patterns found here:
http://www.breastfeeding123.com/free-pattern-to-sew-your-own-nursing-cover/ Although I used ribbon for the straps, instead of making my own.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Hi, the things turned out really nice. The ribbon idea is great, I'll try it myself. I'm 23 weeks pregnant and I also lost my baby 1,5 years ago. You two look really cute on the picture, I will come back and check the news. 8-)
Carol

shiner said...

You are just goooood~ I can't do stuff like this. I can't wait to see you this week - can't believe you are almost there! I am so excited for you!

Open Roads Mama said...

love the pillow cover, what a nice treat to use when the baby is here :)