Saturday, January 31, 2009

Progress! @ 38w 2d

I went in for my regular OB appt yesterday (after already going 2x earlier that week for the Bell's Palsy). They were really late and making me late for acupuncture and I was getting upset.

As soon as she walked in, she asked if I'd been having contractions. Sure-- all the time, and I've had pretty bad cramps the past several mornings. So she decided to give me an internal. I am 3 cm dilated and 60% effaced!! OMG-- I thought I had some dilation, but I wasn't expecting to be so far along! After that, I didn't really think too much about the BP-- I'm just excited to meet my daughter!

After the exam, they hooked me up to the monitor. I was having little contractions at about 6 min apart. They thought I would go into labor sometime this weekend! So, I think these tired, emotional feelings are mostly because of the labor. I was never hormonal or emotional during my pregnancy-- if anything, it really evened me out, and I just felt calm (a big change from the roller coaster infertility cycles!).

So, now we wait... We walked last night and I felt a lot of Braxton Hicks, but only 1 or 2 *real* contractions. Maybe tonight?

I also went to acupuncture yesterday for the BP. He used several points on me, but didn't want to go too strong since I'm so close to delivery. I have another appointment on Sunday, so we'll see if I make it!

4 comments:

shiner said...

WHOOOHOOOO! That's so awesome! I can't wait. Looks like I was right...damn I'm good, just kidding. Seriously though I can't wait to meet her. How will I know if you go into labor? When everything settles down will you have Mark call me? You know I am a worry wart!

Jody jsusann said...

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you!!!!! C'mon beautiful baby girl..make your entrance! : ))

Sasha & Mark said...

shiner-- yes, I'll totally update you! It is Sun p.m. and we're still just waiting. I think they were a little premature telling me I'd go this weekend, but I'm definitely close...

Open Roads Mama said...

wow, that's exciting! keep us updated (and I can't wait to see newborn photos soon :) )