Friday, January 30, 2009

Getting worse every day

The Bell's Palsy just keeps getting worse every day. I wonder if I'll wake up tomorrow with complete paralysis. I might have opted for the steroids if I'd known it was going to keep progressing. And now I think it is too late-- I should have had them very early on. I can barely move the left side of my face at this point. I have been taping my eye closed to go to bed at night, and I can't talk properly, and water spills out of my mouth.

In better news, my acupuncturist is going to get me in right away! So nice of him-- I had thought about it, but I really couldn't justify the cost. And it seems like everything that I've read just says it goes away on its own.

I feel like I should just be happy I'm having a healthy baby, but I can't even move my face to cry right now. It is starting to take a psychological toll because I don't think I'll be able to smile at my baby, which makes me really sad.

4 comments:

Leah said...

My friend who is pregnant with IVF twins had the same thing. She was so upset, understandably so, and she was so scared that it would never get better. But, after about 2 weeks, she started noticing a change. Now, she's almost back to normal. I'm sure you will be ok and that this will go away before too long. Sorry you are having to deal with it.

Open Roads Mama said...

Oh no! I'm crossing my fingers for you that delivery goes well and your face gets back to normal very soon!

andrea said...

It's breaking my heart to hear you so sad. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery -- and healthy beautiful baby to come soon.

shiner said...

Sasha, I am so sorry you are hurting right now and having to go through this. I talked to my sister about this and she had 2 friends that had it during pregnancy...they are both completely back to normal now. I asked about time frames but she didn't have that much detail. I thought you looked great the other day when I saw you and I could barely notice it until you pointed it out. So sorry things are getting worse I will continue to pray for you that they get better. I dont think you made the wrong choice about the steroids, you were just doing what you thought was best for your baby and that is completely honorable. She's going to love you when she gets here no matter what. Much love to you and (((hugs))). I am here if you need me for ANYTHING.