Wednesday, January 14, 2009

went to LLL meeting today

I went to a Le Leche League meeting today. I heard it was a good idea to go before you have the baby, just to make some contacts. I'm glad I went, and I even checked a few books out from their "library"

There were about 10 moms and lots of kids of varying ages. We first introduced ourselves and then the leader read the LLL mission. We went around and talked about anything cute/milestones our babies had done (mine was hiccuping!). Then we talked about "Myths of Breastfeeding" which was today's topic. It was good, but I kind of felt like there was a little bit of bashing going on-- like is BFing really that adversarial? They talked about crap they'd gotten from other moms, family, work peers, pediatricians(?!), etc. Maybe it was just the topic? But overall it was nice to meet some other moms and get their take on things.

I feel like I've got a ton of info/support on breastfeeding now, so I just hope my baby takes to it!

1 comment:

shiner said...

Sounds cool, never heard of the group though. Have I been hiding under a rock or what? So they were what bashing women who couldn't get their babies to bf or on mothers who chose not to bf? Frankly, all you can do is your best. If she doesn't take they you can't beat yourself up. My sister tried everything and her baby just wouldn't latch.