Monday, February 2, 2009

still waiting...

I felt like she might be coming this weekend, but we're still waiting! I would be surprised if it takes another week, but we'll see...

I have felt pretty down the past couple of days. I think it is just being at home and the Bell's Palsy and just waiting. I just don't feel perky or excited about anything. Usually if I feel this way, getting out of the house or being active helps, but in this case, I just feel exhausted. I think it is more of a hormonal thing. I hope when the baby comes, I'll be full of all those "love" hormones, that I'll be able to shake this. Mark is a very calming influence, which is nice. He has been making me walk a ton to try to bring on the labor-- he's ready to meet his baby!

I got a stupid letter from disability saying my doctor never called them back, so they closed my case. Last week they left me a message and I called them back with the right extension since they had just been calling the nurse's line, but apparently they closed it anyway. Annoying! So now I have to chase down the medical records in order for them to reopen my case. As if I needed something else to do, but I AM doing it. I think this is part of their game to deny people what they are owed.

I also haven't called about my severance. Or I just did tonight, but had to leave a message. I have been feeling so unmotivated to fight with them. And I really wanted to come at them from a place of strength, which I really haven't been feeling. But I think I can do it now-- I feel up for a fight.

I am uncomfortable, but I'm still sleeping well, so I can be happy about that. Right now I'm feeling the baby simultaneously kick and punch me as she tries to spread out (no more room lady!). And now it is causing a contraction. She's got to be coming soon, right?!

3 comments:

shiner said...

Hey girl! I am sorry you are having such a hard time. I know you said you are exhausted but if you do decide you want to get out just call me. I'll help any way I can...I even promise not to talk about how fat I've gotten! You will be full of love hormones, I know you will. Sorry about the work bullshit, and that's what it is...bullshit!
So glad you are at least getting some good sleep, that is wonderful. Yes - she's coming soon. Lots of love to you, you'll meet her soon.

Open Roads Mama said...

Hang in there, the baby will be in your arms very soon :)

Sasha & Mark said...

Thanks ladies. I'm feeling much better today. I think my hormones are just all over the place! I went to acupuncture, which I think really helps calm me down.