Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Productive Day

I'm feeling better today. I had acupuncture this morning, so I'm not sure if it was that or just getting out of the house?

I tackled a couple things that I really needed to get done that would be a lot harder after she is here-- getting on Mark's dental plan, since I'd have to do COBRA for mine. Thank goodness I'm already on his medical!

And I also did more to fight back on my disability. I don't even know if I'll get the money, but I want them to deny me because of employment, NOT because of some idiot who didn't even call my doctor. I got my medical forms and a doctor's note saying my last day of work was Jan 15, so hopefully that is enough!

I've also been trying to get in touch with HR about my severance. They only want to give me 4 weeks, even though I have worked there for 6 years, meaning I should get 6 weeks. I took a leave while we moved, but I was always employed by them. I think it is still going to be a fight, and I'm not hopeful. But they need to answer my questions. And as much as I dread doing this, I know it won't be easier after the baby is here!

So overall, probably good she hasn't come yet! Now we're hoping for Thursday because that is my mother-in-law and Mark's birthdays! It will be 3 generations born on Feb 5th! And then I don't need to get Mark a present, right?! :) And then most of you who took my poll might be right-- 39th week!

2 comments:

shiner said...

Wow you did get a lot done, good for you. That would be sooooooo awesome if she is born on their birthdays. It'll be awesome regardless of when she is born but wow that would be cool. I hope it happens for you. Crossing my fingers!

andrea said...

I'm glad to hear you are doing better today. I vote for 2/5, it sounds like a good day! Plus, I am sure you are getting really anxious!