Friday, February 27, 2009

Mark is an AMAZING daddy already!

Mark really is an amazing father. It seems like a lot of men are afraid of babies and especially newborns.

When we were in the hospital, Mark would wake up in the morning and hold her for an hour and gaze into her eyes!

The only time she seemed to cry was when she was cold and getting her diaper changed. Mark rigged up a heater (after mean mama said not to bother) and now she gets a warm air bath and happy diaper changes.

The past few nights have been rough with her staying awake or nursing a good part of the night. Mark figured out how to calm her (thank you Happiest Baby on the Block!) and got me much more sleep and a happier baby.

He also sings and plays guitar to her daily and she just eats it up!

And he does just the little things, very nurturing-- like changing her diaper or putting a hat on her or snuggling and kissing her.

I love my husband so much, and having a baby has really enriched that relationship in a very special way. I love seeing him being a father to Petra. I feel so lucky to have this family.

1 comment:

Ariella said...

Awwww! Good job Mark! I love seeing R as a father, I know you are enjoying it too.

PS. More Pictures PLEASE!