Monday, February 9, 2009

I give up!

Okay, I have no idea when this kid is coming?! Sometimes I feel like it is really close, but then I start feeling good and don't think she'll be here for awhile.

In all reality, I'm not *that* uncomfortable. I feel big and it is hard to bend over and turn over in bed and the Bell's Palsy sucks, but I'm not in pain or swelling.

But I was really down last week, wondering when she would come-- I think they got me all excited. I was the same 3cm+ on Friday and this midwife didn't seem too concerned-- although she said something about who would be on call over the weekend?! whatever!

I was also feeling a little anxious because my sister is coming this weekend and Mark's parents will be here next week, and there may not be a baby. Plus, I don't want to go into labor when we have people here-- I think it will stress me out to have anyone around, except Mark. I don't want my mom or anyone at the hospital until after she is here.

But more than that, I don't want to be induced. I hope it won't come to that-- I don't think there is much risk of the baby getting too big, since I'm measuring ~38w, and I don't think they really start looking at it until after 41w. I shouldn't think about it now.

1 comment:

shiner said...

oh, I am sorry, Sasha! I know you were hoping she'd be here by now. Maybe she'll come on her actual due date. I can't believe you are not swelling...my cankles are f***king huge! You are right though, you should not worry about who is coming when because everybody knows due dates don't always happen. And if they are all here while you are in labor just ask Mark to back you up - nobody but him until you are comfortable. It really is a private thing and I'm with you on that. Shoot I'm having a cesarean and everybody's coming day of...not happy. I wish they'd just wait till I was at home and everybody was out of the woods.