Friday, February 13, 2009

Still pg, but got a card "Congratulations on the birth of your baby!"

Um no. I'm still pregnant! Ugh, but I've resigned myself that she is overdue and I'm okay with that. I was getting anxious because I wanted her here more for others even than myself. I keep getting emails from well-meaning friends who just want to know, but it was making me feel like there was something wrong! And my sister is flying in tonight, though I had told her awhile ago that there may not be a baby-- though I think we both expected there would be!

I had a OB appt. yesterday, and it went well. Baby is still measuring great-- she suspected 6.5-7 lbs, just by feeling, so not huge, which is good, since that could cause problems getting her out! She also told me she is posterior (sunny side up), which I had thought myself for awhile! She could change during labor, so I'm just going with that. Apparently her head was really low and "wedged" in there, so I don't know if there's much I can do to change it anyway until contractions start.

And the most exciting part-- she stripped my membranes! It was uncomfortable, but not horribly painful. Hopefully since I feel so ready, this will give me the extra boost I need. I go back Monday or Tuesday and they'll do it again along with a non-stress test, just to make sure the baby is doing okay. I go again on Thursday or Friday, when they'll do it again and then schedule the induction.

Induction won't happen until 42w, which I would prefer, and I may try to push a few extra days if baby is okay. It will be a little boring for our visitors, but the most important thing is waiting until the baby and my body are really ready.

I'm going to acupuncture today too, so hopefully that will give me a boost as well. I feel the most on the nights after acu, so I think it is doing something...

2 comments:

Open Roads Mama said...

congrats card? that's too funny :) When you think how noooormal and common going over the due date is, as long as she's not measuring huge, it's probably for the better for her! And you are very right, when your baby and your body are ready, you will really feel it and know. :)
All will be well!!!

shiner said...

ok, well I was worried, of course. And I haven't been able to check blogs as much because my power supply died. Got the new one today. But I am so glad everything is ok, especially her. I didn't want to call because if you had her you would be busy and if you didn't you wouldn't need the pressure. Sripped your membrane? Is that like thinning out your cervix? I'm kinda ignorant since I havent had all my classes and am having a C. Great size! Yay! I hope acupuncture helps. Guess I don't know my a*% from a hole in the ground...I guessed you'd go at 39 weeks...oh well. She's going to be super healthy!;o>