Friday, February 6, 2009

Getting closer?

Well, last night was miserable, so maybe I'm actually getting closer?

We went to sushi, and got some extra spicy rolls. I felt awful just before bed-- kind of like bad indigestion, but nothing really helped. Then the Bell's Palsy started this pain behind my ear that would NOT go away. I was able to sleep with a heating pad on my head behind my ear. Plus, she was rolling and moving around like crazy last night. I hope she wasn't bothered by the spicy food. Poor baby! I also lost my 'mucus plug' this morning. I'll spare the details, but it is also a good sign labor is coming.

This morning I woke up and still felt pretty bad, but amazingly I went to acupuncture and now feel soooo much better! It was strange because he put in a few needles and asked "does your tummy feel better?" and I realized "YES! It does!" Wow-- amazing! He mainly worked on labor stuff today because I'm improving on my face, but the biggest work will probably come after she is here.

So no baby yet, but maybe soon?!

4 comments:

Open Roads Mama said...

oh my, I was thinking about you and wondering if you're already holding your baby! :) a couple of days is a big thing when you're expecting and in your last days :)

I know, any kinds of food and spices that I don't usually eat make me sick these days and give me acid reflex, I can imagine how you felt after those spicy sushi rolls. One's gotta do it though if it means helping the labour, right? :) Good thing the little one is jumping around inside, that's a good sign! :) Waiting to hear more from you soon!

andrea said...

I'm glad to hear that you have some good signs and the Bell's Palsy is getting a little better? I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I know the feeling, so I totally empathize.

shiner said...

WHOOOOHOOOO! That is awesome that you lost your mucus plug...you are definitely on the way now. Are you going to DP for acupuncture? So glad it is helping. Even if she doesn't come till her due date that's only 4 days away...you're a champ! I can't wait to hear

Sasha & Mark said...

Shiner-- yes, seeing DP! He is not with Triangle Acu anymore, but I found him on Facebook! I highly recommend him if you need something during your pregnancy.